Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Random Notes, February 2012

+ And so, the GOP handball game drags on. After a temporary insurgence by Rick Santorum --blowouts in Minnesota and Missouri, plus a nailbiter in Colorado-- Mitt Romney more or less retained his front-runner status in Maine last weekend. Regardless, I wasn't worried about the fading Newt Gingrich and I'm not concerned with the former Pennsylvanian senator; if you put the four remaining hopefuls head to head against Obama, only Romney stands a chance. The polls don't fool me. I'm not saying that to praise the stormin' Mormon, and that's not political bias either; it's just reality. Even though the Republican party is steadily shifting towards the right, and there's contempt for the current president all across the board, independents and centrists are the X-factor.

+ On the other side of the fence, did President Obama really think religious-backed groups would willingly pay for their employees' birth control? Sure, Jon Stewart nailed it on the head (as usual) but oy gevalt...

+ Chicago Update: It's been nearly four months, but my time in Roscoe Village is near a close. As I write this, I'm looking at apartments in Logan Square and North Park. My financial situation has not been straightened out yet, so I may end up commuting to classes and shows from home again. My self-imposed deadline is this Friday, so fingers crossed.

+ Finally, for those of you who would rather discuss TV, please enjoy these V-Day cards "from" Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment