Monday, January 6, 2014

The Best Laid Plans...

I've never been much for New Year's resolutions. The concept feels like an admission of failure or some type of character flaw. Plus, I look at goals from an objective and circumstantial standpoint; why must we reset on January 1st?

This year --or for the first quarter of 2014, anyway-- I'm putting an increased focus on my theater interests. I just made a house team at One Group Mind, a nationally-known improv organization with a local venue in Wrigleyville. In February, I'm moving the variety show I staged last year at a new theater, with a new name (House of Stuart) and a new night (Sundays in lieu of Wednesdays). I've taken on a business partner to assist in recouping any potential losses, and the longer run time will allow me to experiment with the show's format. The outcome of this show will ultimately determine whether I have a future in producing and potentially talent management.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'm still concerned with making a paycheck. I apply for jobs online on a daily basis, and I had more interviews in the last three months than the previous twelve combined. For now I'm still substitute teaching, waking up on less than two hours' notice whenever either of my two districts need an extra hand. I wanted to make 29 my most productive year, and though progress has been slightly slower than expected, I'm working toward my goals and not looking back.

Other notes:

+ Five months since its launch, my Facebook page "Stu News" is inching towards 350 likes. Follow this link to see what the hype is about.

+ Welcome to "Chiberia." Right now the Midwest is experiencing record-low temperatures and equally mind-boggling wind chills. It's terrible out in the suburbs, but from what I've heard even worse in the city. Until this blows over (pun not intended) I recommend my Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana friends to venture out only if absolutely necessary.

(430)

1 comment:

  1. Types made from fabric or even material generally obtain broken whenever a lotion leaks or perhaps a toe nail varnish trickles lower about the include. fake prada Therefore, don't help to make the actual primary error of getting the tote made from fabric. Totes which are expressed by well-known creative designers are incredibly irresistible to women of all ages nowadays. chanel replica sale Duplicating designs through well-known celebs help to make females really feel exciting as well as attractive. replica prada The actual acknowledgement associated with custom totes offers arrived at it's greatest maximum. Folks are nevertheless purchasing Trainer as well as Gucci totes despite the fact that there is a worldwide economic downturn. fake hublot Nicely, the actual ostensibly mind-boggling prices associated with custom totes, leather-based totes as well as make totes is probably not which significantly mind-boggling whatsoever. fake watches uk There are actually numerous truly superb characteristics associated with custom totes which outperform the larger prices associated with this kind of totes. The actual incredible skillfullness as well as stunning style associated with style totes tend to be exactly what many people observe.

    ReplyDelete