Friday, November 10, 2017

I Still Resolve...

I don't put much energy into promoting this blog, and for good reason. I market myself as a comedy writer that performs improv, and this blog is an outlet for more serious matters, an opportunity to let my guard down. In the 12 1/2 years since I started this blog, I have likely seen a complete turnover in audience. I launched this blog on TV.com, and I'm sure a scant handful of people who read my missives then still read it now on Blogspot. (Its also more accessible to non-TV.com people.)

You might think from the tone of the previous paragraph that I'm quitting this blog, but I'm not (yet). 2017 has been a rough year on a personal level, one of mourning and reevaluating, one where goals have been easier said than accomplished. My clutter, both physical and intangible, is mostly still there. My mother, father, and grandmother's belongings, however are gradually getting sifted out.

I suppose my resolution now is to end 2017 on a positive note. My long-gestating solo sketch show opened this week, and even if I'm not meeting all my goals I'm still feeling pretty accomplished. Even if I do get distracted from time to time, there simply aren't enough hours in the day. I'm goal-oriented, and I feel rudderless when I'm not pursuing a new challenge.

(569)

2 comments:

  1. don’t quit, Stu, I love your blog. there’s not a lot of adventurous writing going on anymore on blogspot, we’d hate to lose you. I can relate to your lovingly honest college accounts and I’m a big fan of your erudite SNL reviews. I was a part of tv.com for a minute before that entire community collapsed into nothingness. keep on keepin’ on, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you so much! I appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete