Tuesday, July 16, 2019

My 14th Annual Fantasy Emmy Ballot

The announcement of the 2019 Primetime Emmys nominations is just hours away. I haven't had enough time to do my research for my self-imposed deadline, and I apologize in advance for presenting an abbreviated version of my annual fantasy ballot. Writing for TV remains a pipe dream, and being a member of the academy even more so. Without further ado:

Outstanding Animated Program: "Adventure Time: Come Along With Me," Cartoon Network; "Big Mouth," Netflix; "Bob's Burgers," Fox; "Bojack Horseman," Netflix; "Tuca and Bertie," Netflix.
Outstanding Variety Talk Series: “The Daily Show with Trevor Noah,” Comedy Central; “Full Frontal with Samantha Bee,” TBS; “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” ABC; “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver,” HBO; “The Late, Late Show with James Corden,” CBS; “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert,” CBS.
Outstanding Variety Sketch Series: “At Home with Amy Sedaris,” Netflix; “Documentary Now!” IFC; “Drunk History,” Comedy Central; "I Think You Should Leave, with Tim Robinson," Netflix; “Saturday Night Live,” NBC; “Tracey Ullman’s Show,” HBO/BBC.
Outstanding Comedy Series: “Barry,” HBO; “GLOW,” Netflix; “The Good Place,” NBC; “The Kominsky Method,” Netflix; “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,” Amazon Prime; “Russian Doll,” Netflix; “Veep,” HBO.
Outstanding Drama Series: “Better Call Saul,” AMC; “Game of Thrones,” HBO; "The Good Fight," CBS All Access; “Killing Eve,” BBC America; “Ozark,” Netflix; “Pose,” FX; “This Is Us,” NBC.

Six Random Performances That I Hope Get Nominated (But It's Not a Sure Shot): Aidy Bryant, Shrill; Anthony Carrigan, Barry; Natasha Lyonne, Russian Doll; Richard Madden, Bodyguard; Billy Porter, Pose; Rhea Seehorn, Better Call Saul.

I apologize that I posted this just under the wire.

(627)

No comments:

Post a Comment