Sunday, December 17, 2023

Random Notes, December 2023

 St. Nicholas' Day was over a week ago, but here's some candy for your shoe: 

+ A few months ago, I shared a eulogy of sorts for my aunt, Kay Allard while trying to uncover the communication breakdown behind her passing. As a last resort, my sister reached out to our lawyer to find her lawyer; a couple days later, we both had a 10 minute phone conversation with the woman handling our aunt's estate. As it turns out, both of the designated trustees in her will, her husband and my father, are both long dead. My sister has volunteered to jump in as the new trustee, and to my understanding we have some cooperation from her stepson in Florida. We may have also inherited some debt. Stay tuned. 

+ The Biden impeachment is a waste of time, energy, and money. In pandering to right-wing propaganda (and voters who gobble up said propaganda) the GOP is frittering away whatever advantages they have in Congress on an investigation where there is little evidence that connects the president to his son's various vices. 

+ In the wake of Donald Trump's "dictator on day one" remark, imagine if Trump pulls a Grover Cleveland *and* Democrats win back the House. (I'm not as optimistic about the U.S. Senate, at least right now.)

+ I almost met David Letterman! In all honestly, I was nowhere near Dave and never have, but I caught wind of his Netflix show shooting one episode in Chicago and I was on the wait list for the taping. I even cleared out my Tuesday afternoon just in case, but for naught. What could have been...

Next time: my annual year in music blog.

(723)

No comments:

Post a Comment