Saturday, May 29, 2021

Dispatches from Arm's Length, Part 16

 I apologize that it's been over a month; my sister and I are still in the process of cleaning out our parents' house, and between that and work I've been too distracted to write. 

The masks aren't going away anytime soon. Yes, I know the vaccinated can go without them, but there are too many intangibles. I had my second shot over two months ago, but some people *cough* evangelicals *cough* tinfoil hats *cough* are still dragging their heels. It's now very much a common courtesy thing, a necessary obligation when I shop or whenever I'm in class.

Things are trending in a positive way here in the US, but my optimism is hindered by a spike in cases in India, Nepal, and other far-flung locales. A new variant has been found in Vietnam, which isn't that far from where COVID-19 was first discovered 18 months ago. (Okay, fine, it's a 10 hour flight, but still.) As I said earlier this year, we can't pretend this is over just yet. 80% is not 100%. 

Next Week: my annual (albeit late) mindset list.

(676)

No comments:

Post a Comment