Wednesday, September 30, 2026

*sigh*

To my handful of non-American readers, I want to be transparent with you: living in a kakistocracy is not fun. I'd call it the Dunning-Kruger effect, but that would insinuate more competence than this.

Early projections suggest that in spite of gerrymandering and President Trump's machinations, Democrats will take back the House and Senate in November. (I'm not holding my breath for that $5,000.) Vice President Vance has been forced to beg for patience. Don't get cocky or assumptive-- vote out the bums.

During the 2016 election cycle and into Trump's first term, I kept convincing myself that the aberration would wear down, that people would wise up. It's been over a decade now, and the brainwashing has barely worn off. At least a third of the population is still enamored with this old, bloated, vindictive a-hole. It's a cult of personality that I still can't comprehend.

I'll be less succinct in another post.


(776)

No comments:

Post a Comment